Monday, October 11, 2010
Fall Hikes
This is my favorite season to go for a hike, rain or shine. There are many wonderful things to view on a hike this time of year whether it be autumn foliage, migrating birds, or animals scrambling for food before winter. Most of these images can be viewed in our metroparks around Columbus. One of my favorites is Highbanks Metropark. It has several trails that aren't strenuous but provide hikers with an opportunity to train for longer backpacking trips. I'm sure everyone in the Columbus area has heard of the bald eagles that nested there last spring too. I plan on going out to one of their full-moon hikes this month to hopefully hear some of the coyotes in the area. Wish I had a dog to bring with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Backpacking and hiking sounds like fun. I have never done it myself but after reading some of your blogs, I think I may have to do it. I like that you included advice on safe hiking because that is important for someone like me who may have never tried it.
ReplyDeleteGood Blog!